Monday, March 14, 2016

Up earlier than most, to get to the Hanoi International airport in time for my early flight to Bangkok. Said goodbye to all, they were a great group to tour with, got on well with Brad and Trishia, as well as many of the others. Made great friends in knowing Pat and Karen.
Landed in Bangkok and caught the A1 bus to the Sky train into town. My dentist is in Siam Square. This is where we find out what I got for my $4000. They were so service oriented, they got me in early and fitted the new chompers.
I am so impressed with the new bridges, how well they fit, how careful the dentist was in fitting them properly, the professionalism, the cleanliness of the office, and the efficiency  of the office staff, I would recommend these guys anytime. They are so service oriented, though the offer of a prostate exam was a bit above and beyond for a dentist, OK,,,,kidding.
This was the view at the airport, as much as i loved this area, i wont miss the constance smog.
Got my teeth, and caught the bus for a 3 hours run to the coast. I came to Pattaya which has changed alot, its so built up and dirty now.
I am spending two nights here to look around then i plan to catch a boat to an island called Ko Lan, apparently very small and quiet, that works for me right now.
 Went out in Pattaya last night, many foreigners live here, most seem to be Russian and English. Cant help but notice all the overweight 70 year old foreign men, walking around with their 25 year old Thai live ins.  I was propositioned constantly at every bar door. Its a shame, but i guess this is what they need to do now to make a living.
One of the girls that came to tslk to me, .was beautiful and well dressed, a local englishman leaned over to me and whispered, " its a cock in a frock mate".  Not that i am interested, but a large number of the street workers are " Berts in a skirt".  Its local culture, so i dont judge, but i do get a little creeped out.
This morning  i am now sitting at a coffee bar, making this blog work and catching up, and watching the world go by. I love foriegn culture, and just sitting quietly on the side is the best way to take it all in. Now its mid day, its getting hot and humid, what to do?
Oh well, off to the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment