Monday, March 14, 2016

great start to the day, stil no water, well not where I need it.  I know what the bucket and floor faucet are for, the toilet does not have a tank, so I guess one fills the bucket and pours it into the toilet to flush. No problem, done that before.
Strangely, there is a bidet, I'll try that, after all, I don't want to hike
myself back to Bangkok all dirty. I don't know what all you girls are on about, the bidet isn't all THAT great , took me half the day to get the water out of my eyes.
I caged a ride to the ferry, the moped rider, myself, and Samuelson Lillycrap. On one moped, It was quite the site, but apparently legal.
Caught the bus to the main airport outside Bangkok, then a taxi to a little hotel I found in the local suburbs near the airport. I didn't feel like finishing this trip Hilton Hotel style , i thought this was the way to go, so this place works fine, and there is nothing but locals and local eateries,,,plus the beer isn't tourist price.
G

some of the stilted style river houses in the suburbs.
doing it the old way, a rolling barrier, a green flag, and a bloody fast train.

I went for a walk as i had a free day, found myself one the wrong side of the trscks, and a river.
This wasnt ny best idea, but the locals do it, so i took to the highway to find my way over the railway line and river, quite exciting acually


along my walk, i found this wonderfull Buddhist Temple i would never have seen. It was one of the biggest compounds, and full of monks, lots of chanting, a really pretty place to just sit for awhile.




so, what was the highpoint of this trip, it was all great, and i had a blast with my long time travel buddy who  I sincerely love and respect,i met new friends who i hope to stay in touch with, and i ate like a hungry horse.

The food in Cambodia was a very pleasant suprise, as were the people of all The countries I visited. They were sweet and polite , There were some unusual local traditions,  and not all to my taste. I did visit a village where they bred dogs for consumption. They were farmed just like any other farm animal, and I did take photos, but spared you the reader by not posting them.We have simlpy nurtured a different  kind of relationship than these people have, or maybe it stems from a different time and out of nessesity, I simply try not to judge.
The historical artifacts were unbelievable, and I am grateful to have seen them, before they are returned to their former glory
I ate new cusine, and learned about new cultures . People who live just as happily without all the trimmings we seem to need each day.
During the visit with the Nuns in Vietnam, and during our conversation, i was reminded of a Buddhist teaching i try to always remember. " in life, pain and dissapointment are inevitable, but suffering is a choice" I take that lesson with me as i continue this journey
NAMASTE

No comments:

Post a Comment