Monday, March 14, 2016

It's Wednesday the 30th of April.  Got up this morning a packed my stuff, headed for the port area of Pattaya. Here I found the ferry to an off shore island called KohLarn. Was good to get out of the bustle of Pattaya, and onto the cooler water air. It's a one hour trip, costs 1 dollar, and when we cast off, they made us all wear our life jackets, about 100 of us.
It's flat water and its a 50 odd foot vessel, about 100 people, doing about 7 knots, life jackets are a bit much I thought, especially in this heat and humidity...........then I looked closer at the boat,,,,,and synched up.
city of Pattaya



the ferry to KohLarn

Getting off a the KohLarn harbor was crazy, as all these day visitors were on the boat , but I decided to stay in a village, not the tourist area.
KohLarn

Got myself a scooter


Now it's important to remember, my bag came apart, so for $25 in Vietnam, I purchased a new ( fake) North Face backpack. Leaonard now has a much bigger brother called Samuelson Lillycrap, I gave up bike riding, especially in the street, but here I am on a scooter, with Samuelson Lillycrap, on roads where no one has a clue as to what they are doing, and no regard for safety, oh well.i would ask which side if the road to drive on, but i  dont think anyone cares.

I checked in to a $30 a night guest house, clean enough. That's my room at the end.

o
street food lunch
Tien Beach Pier
Now, it's off to Samae Beach for a look, then on to Tien Beach for the afternoon, lunch and a swim
Samae Beach
just got back from the beach, the water is so clear and clean, but a degree short of being refreshing, stll, im not complaining. It felt good to just sit on the sand and slowly sip on a coconut, not have to rush off anywhere.


Doctors orders
I was looking at this boat, dont know how long the engine will last with direct feed salt water through the block for cooling, but the are ingenious and basic, and dangerous.


Pretty cool if your into this stuff.
 tomorrow ill ride to the other side if the island, try the beaches there, then friday its back to Pattaya, stay at the Bangkok airport somewhere, and saturday, leave for home via Shanghai, china

1 comment:

  1. Anyone play cribbage there???? Love the updates and the name of the new/fake backpack! Aloha

    ReplyDelete